Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week 1: Famous Last Words

So the first week is over already. It went by pretty fast! Although the first week of classes can always be kind of stressful, I think I enrolled in some pretty good classes this semester, and it should be interesting. I am intrigued by the "famous last words" blog posts, I wonder what it will be like to look back at the end of the semester at all that I have written here.

I've definitely learned a lot this week, and one of the most useful things I learned about was the Google re-use filter. Essentially, when using Google image search you can select a "re-use" filter so that all the results included are free of copyright protections. This will be great for future projects this semester and for classes throughout the rest of my college career. I've also learned a lot about blogging in general: how to make one, how to create posts, leave comments, imbed images and more. Through the tech tip for the week, I also learned how to change the template for my blog.

I've done quite a few blog posts this week, but I think my best writing was done in my storytelling post. I wrote a story inspired by "The Fox Without a Tail" but added more detail and changed the ending. I spent some time on it, and overall I'm satisfied with how it turned out.

 (Source: Wikimedia Commons)
I read a fantastic storytelling post by Emily Groff "The Fat Man of Bombay" I really enjoyed this story; it was very well written and the details were superb. I liked how she took a relatively simple rhyme and turned it into a descriptive tale.

Overall, this week has been a good one. Although it's sad to see the summer go, I think I will enjoy my classes this semester, and I had quite a bit of fun for my birthday yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment