Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 1: Un-Textbook

Here are a few sections from the Un-Textbook that caught my eye.

Aesop for Children (Winter): I've always like these stories, so this is an obvious interest for me. The free audio book and kindle ebook are also a plus!
Tutinameh, or Tales of a Parrot: This sounds like an intriguing one. I'm interested to see what stories the parrot could tell to keep his owner from leaving and cheating on her husband.
The Monkey King Sun Wu Kung: "The Monkey King" is certainly a title that sticks out at me. It sounds like the protagonist is pretty wild so this would be of definite interest.

Ballads of Robin Hood: I don't know how anyone could not like robin hood. I'm more familiar with modern adaptations, so it would be interesting to see the classics.
Brothers Grimm (Crane): I've always heard these original fables were somewhat dark compared to the disney stories, but I've never read them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment