Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 9: Famous Last Words

Week 9 is over and the semester is showing no signs of slowing down! This past week as been one of the most stressful this semester, and I am not sad to see it over.


(Stress: Flickr)

This week I had both an exam in Principles of Physiology, as well as a lab practical in my Physics II Lab. My procrastination of studying for these tests certainly didn't help either! As a result, some of my work for other classes was put on the back burner. Unfortunately, I failed to complete the weekly reading as well as the storytelling post for Mythology and Folklore. This left me unable to complete a few other assignments as well. Fortunately, however, there is a large amount of extra credit available to make up for the assignments I did not complete! I am really thankful for the flexibility that this class provides! My Principles of Physiology grade is thankful as well.

Organic Chemistry Lab this week was certainly an interesting one. I had received an email a couple days before the lab informing that the lab we would be conducting would produce a terrible smell that could linger on for some time. The email even went so far as to suggest not wearing any clothes that you valued as they could be permanently contaminated! I was very concerned as we have to take our backpacks into this classroom and I really was not looking forward to having a smelly backpack for the rest of the semester, or buying a new one for that matter. Fortunately, I think the email was a little bit of an exaggeration, as the smell produced was really nothing worse than the smell of a chlorine pool. I had expected much, much worse after reading the suggestions from the email.

No comments:

Post a Comment